The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a universal call by the United Nations for action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people have peace and prosperity.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were born at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro in 2012. The objective was to produce a set of objectives that would meet the most urgent environmental, political and economic challenges facing our world.
SDGs replace the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which began a global effort in 2000 to combat the indignity of poverty. The MDGs have set measurable, universally agreed goals for combating extreme poverty and hunger, preventing deadly diseases and expanding primary education for all children, among other development priorities.
These 17 goals, built on the Millennium Development Goals, also include new areas such as climate change, economic inequality, innovation, sustainable consumption, peace and justice, among other priorities. The goals are intertwined - often the key to success in one will involve addressing issues more commonly associated with another.
With us it was like this, we drove over 400 quilometers off-road and crossed rivers to bring Accessible and Clean Energy to isolated communities. With this, we end up benefiting other areas by Combating Climate Change and improving Good Health and Well-being.
See more about Pisco de Luz below!
1. No Poverty - End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
2. Zero Hunger - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Good Health and Well-being - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
4. Quality Education - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
5. Gender Equality - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
6. Clean Water and Sanitation - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
7. Affordable and Clean Energy - Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
8. Descent Work and Economic Growth - Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
10. Reduced Inequality - Reduce inequality within and among countries.
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
12. Responsible Consumption and Production - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
13. Climate Action - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
14. Life Below Water - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
15. Life on Land - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
16. Peace, Justice Strong Institutions - Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
17. Partnerships to Achieve the Goal - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.